“Waste & Recycling One gave Dimeca clarity on transport scheduling, purchasing, sales and delivery, inventory, stock movements and weighbridge transactions, integrated to SAP Business One.”
~ Miguel de la Garza, IT Director, Dimeca
Supporting complex buying and selling in metals recycling
For over 25 years, Dimeca has specialised in metals recycling. Headquartered near Monterrey, Mexico, they have 7 operations centres and 7 yards. Dimeca purchase a range of ferrous and non-ferrous materials for scheduled, non-scheduled, collection and delivery to downstream smelting operations. They provide a circular model for a diverse set of customers and suppliers in multiple industry sectors, including electronic appliances, automotive, aerospace, heavy plant and machinery, railroad, and construction.
Dimeca wanted to replace their manual process with an integrated suite of operational components, which would manage their extensive transport, collection, inventory, transfer, payments, sales and delivery of ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
This also had to incorporate integrated transport management, planning and scheduling, replacing their spreadsheets.
Why ISB Global?
ISB Global’s Waste and Recycling One solution provides core functionalities that Dimeca wanted:
- Integrating weighbridge transactions and subsequent stock movements through comprehensive, industry specific inbound and outbound work orders
- Configurable operational processes which have development capabilities integrated to standardised ERP stock and accounting.
Dimeca also valued that ISB Global is a certified and trusted SAP Partner with extensive experience in waste materials management process.
Since Waste and Recycling One has been implemented, Dimeca has the comprehensive system they wanted. Benefits include:
- Integrated planning and scheduling of transport collections, transfers and deliveries which has resulted in total transparency of buying, selling and transfer processes; this ensures cost and profitability, planning and variance capture.
- Inbound and outbound work order management now ensures the instruct and capture movements are automatically updated, providing accounting accuracy.
- The weighbridge integration supplies inbound and outbound materials’ weight, payment and charging confirmations; this means accurate planned vs. actual and 3rd party weighbridge reconciliation to all inventory and accounting transactions.
- Inbound, outbound work orders and weighbridge confirmations are now integrated to materials receipt, purchasing and warehouse assignment in SAP – this has eradicated the manual inventory process.
- The architecture allows for full robust process management with the ability to flex the configured components to match the process and ensure operational reporting is accurate.
Industry: Utilities, Waste & Recycling Ferrous & Non-Ferrous Metals
Products & Services: Waste collection services, disposal, recycling, hazardous & non-hazardous waste
80% Faster planning and execution of materials movement since implementation of Waste & Recycling One.