Woodhorn Group – SAP Business One, Waste Recycling One
“We were impressed by the integrated nature of SAP Business One and WR1 as a solution that supports our multi-site operation.” Cameron Lewis, GM, The Woodhorn Group
The Woodhorn Group is a diverse business with operations including organic farming and waste management. It operates two organic waste management sites in West Sussex with a total licensed capacity of 100,000 tons. Over 70,000 tons of green and garden waste is composted annually and turned into the Earth Cycle range of peat-free compost and soil conditioning products.
Waste & Recycling One – Implementation Objectives
Woodhorn were seeking to integrate and automate their business processes from end to end; including the sale and purchase of organic raw materials to multiple weighbridges and sites, receipting materials into inventory and transfer to production, the management of sales inventory and the automation of accounting processes.
Key to the success of the business was the ability to monitor purchasing, sales and rebates for a variety of organic materials; ready for converting into a range of bagged and branded compost grades. Key objectives included:
- Management of customer and supplier data (CRM/SRM)
- Transparency of payments, billing and credit notes according to material quality and contracted price
- Traceability of raw materials
- Optimisation of inventory levels, production capacity and timing; materials legislation (PAS100) and saleable grades
- Automated production of a range of reports,including instant access to data and intelligence on goods in/out, inventory and daily cash flow
- Manage and audit material movements into continuous batched production, from receipt to inventory, processing, packaging and distribution
Weighbridge to Warehouse
A process of continuous improvement was instigated to automate inventory movements; from weighbridge transactions to warehouse inventory management. Working with ISB, Woodhorn plan to increase the degree of process automation with a view to reduce the administrative overhead and mitigate the risk of human error.
Strategic & Financial Benefits
- Multiple processes are now managed in SAP Business One; streamlining operations and cutting administrative time.
- Use of Master Data in a single application links all activities across multiple sites. Connecting people, departments and processes allows a renewed emphasis on growth, profitability, performance and sales
- Improved monitoring of production allows for greater control of materials movements, process optimisation, timely inventory turnover and improvements in sales forecasting and cash flow
- The ability to extract operational and financial data quickly and easily provides greater intelligence for decision making on critical business applications.
Read More – Download Woodhorn Group Success Story