South Hook CHP & Evora Energy
“We needed a robust yet flexible software solution with full purchasing, project and budgetary controls.”
Natural Gas Demand
The Milford Haven Liquefied Natural Gas Terminal is among the largest in Europe. Designed to meet around 20% of the UK’s current natural gas demand, in 2012 it received enough LNG to meet the needs of over 7.6 million UK households. Since the LNG Terminal has a significant requirement for both heat and power, it presents an excellent opportunity to co-locate a CHP (combined heat and power) plant and deliver world-class efficiencies.
South Hook CHP choose SAP Business One from ISB Global
Evora Energy were looking for an integrated solution that would allow for the automation of all cost management processes; including purchasing, accruals, budgets and project accounting. Automated reporting was another key consideration, as was the ability to add fixed asset accounting and plant maintenance as the project progressed through to the commissioning phase.
- A transparent purchasing process with the ability to manage purchase order requests and authorisation
- Flexibility to allow multiple project managers, purchasing for different areas of responsibility, across the CHP plant
- Monitoring of transactions against pre-determined budgets with automated alerts
- Posting to user-defined Chart of Accounts with Nominal Code structure and User-Defined Cost Centres
- Integrated purchase order, invoicing and accounts payable processes with visibility of outgoing payments and banking procedures
- Scalable suite of automated reports and business intelligence tools to provide up-to-date information for both management teams and project stakeholders
To find out how ISB Global implemented best practices, what the strategic and financial benefits are and why Evora Energy chose ISB Global, download the Success Story